Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UGP for Android Smartphones

Developer

UGP for Android Smartphones

Hi everyone,
    we're currently thinking about releasing UGP on Android Smartphones. Is there anyone with an android smartphone who wants to have the app before the official release? We will provide a download with an installation manual in that case.

The release for iPhones however is not possble at the moment due to strict guidelines from apple concerning the user interface (for example a minimum button sizes)

Race on,
    Tim

Hi,

That will be wonderful! I'd like to have the app on my Android smartphone Thank you!

Community Manager Germany
    me too......

would like that to.

The reason im away from home monday - friday and dont have a comp at my work on the phone i can use so it would be really cool to test

Developer
    Ok, I uploaded the game to my dropbox. It is a bit complicated to install and start the game.
    First, download these two files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xy51kyqq37...ntime.apk?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jyrzzno44v...tedgp.obb?dl=0

Move the *.obb file to your smartphone to this location on your phone (not on the SD-card) (you need to create the folder "com.traviangames.unitedgp"):

\Android\obb\com.traviangames.unitedgp\

Now you need to install the game itself. Here is a good tutorial on how to do that (You need to allow foreign apps to be installed on your phone):

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-in...f-google-play/

Keep in mind: this is a very early beta-state! There are some big issues which I'll try to solve in the next weeks. One big bug is the state of the game after it was in the background for a while. It might happen, that all images got lost if you bring the app back to front. Just restart the hole app in that case.

Also keep in mind that UGP is a game which constatly is connected to a server, meaning UGP needs a stable data connection and consumes data volume (~2-3 MB per race)...

Feel free to share every bug or thought on the version here
    Last edited by _spc07; 01-04-2017 at 05:01 PM.

Hi again Tim,

Firstly, i want to thank you for giving us this opportunity and aswell for your support.
    Unfortunately, after i followed all the steps above, i get an error, when trying to start the app: "Error with Expansion file. Please restart the app."
    What have i done wrong?
    Thanks in advance for your answer!

Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by ryky87 View Post
    Hi again Tim,

Firstly, i want to thank you for giving us this opportunity and aswell for your support.
    Unfortunately, after i followed all the steps above, i get an error, when trying to start the app: "Error with Expansion file. Please restart the app."
    What have i done wrong?
    Thanks in advance for your answer!
    In that case, the *.obb file is not in the right place. Make sure you move it to \Android\obb\com.traviangames.unitedgp\. If the file is at the right place and it still doesn't work, please restart your phone. If that doesn't help either, please let me know

By the way, the folders \Android\obb\ should be there already, you only have to create the \com.traviangames.unitedgp\ folder inside it...

I already did all that you said, i rechecked now everything is in the right place, but error still comes.

Developer
    I've checked it and all the steps are correct. The error you see comes up, if the *obb file is not at the place where the game expects it to be.
    I'll recommend you delete all files and do the steps again...

Make sure the *obb file name is "main.9000000.com.traviangames.unitedgp.obb".

Another thing: if you have an SD card in your phone, make sure the *obb file is NOT on it. It needs to be ON your phone under \Android\obb\com.traviangames.unitedgp\.

I know this is all very complicated, sorry for this
    Last edited by _spc07; 06-02-2016 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _spc07 View Post

Another thing: if you have an SD card in your phone, make sure the *obb file is NOT on it. It needs to be ON your phone under \Android\obb\com.traviangames.unitedgp\.

I know this is all very complicated, sorry for this
    Sorry, i didn't paid enough attention to this. Anyways, the *obb folder was on the SD card, so this misled me. Now everything is ok, i created on the phone memory an *obb folder and is working perfect for me. Thank you again for your time and for your support!