Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't win because my opponents are way better than me.

Angry I can't win because my opponents are way better than me.

I always have this problem when I am racing against other players.
    They are always SO much better than me, I never ever win from them since I reached the Pro class. My opponents always use at least 2 more actions than me and they have way better stats and thus I can't win.
    I would want to know what's the problem with this, because it is, of course, unfair if you can't win because your opponent is way better than you.
    I would like to see some kind of compensation for having to lose most of my races because of this.

Bokito

Here are some further complaints:
    1. You can get something extra by watching a video every ten minutes (showroom screen). I think the percentages of how likely it is you will get an item, are wrong. This is because if you count up all the premium tyres and mystery boxes, you get to 10.5%, so you would get one of them at least 1 out of 10 tries. However, I have done this over 50 times right now and I have NEVER ever got premium tyres or mystery boxes!

2. Tech tree problems: So I am Dutch so I probably have bad translations. On the third level of the tech tree on the right, you can research Treat Tires. Above that one is +1 Action duration. I really want that +1 second action duration, but I absolutely do NOT want Treat Tires. So now, I can't research that +1 second duration, because I don't want to waste my research points to something useless I'm not wanting. You SHOULD be able to research whatever you want ,whenever you want.

3. As I got promoted to Pro class, it looks like I am going to become bankrupt. The costs for buying new components are pretty high. They seem to wear out very easily and I can only race with them about 4 times after which they become too dangerous to race with. What I have earned during those races, is not enough for me to buy parts that are good enough to race with again competitively, because if I would decide to buy worse parts in order to avoid going bankrupt, I wouldn't be able to win races any longer.
    I am very upset by this all, this ruins the game!

Bokito

Developer
    Sorry, but you must be kidding (or much more likely trolling)

You've driven 2 races in the PRO class so far and you've finished on 2nd position on both races. You need to upgrade your car with the new component set to be able to compete. In ADVANCED class you've nearly won every race, I guess that's why you feel a 2nd place to be bad.
    BTW: You're far away of being bankrupt. You get ~30.000 daily sponsor bonus and the race rewards are significantly higher in PRO class.

Videos: The shown possibilities are correct. You're assumption "10.5%, so you would get one of them at least 1 out of 10 tries" is wrong. It is most unlikely that you won't get at leaset one of these items, if you watched 50 videos but it is not impossible.

Tech Tree: that's how every tech tree in every game works.

Please remeber that this is a free to play game! You don't need to pay anything to play this game but you'll get small advantages IF you do so. We need these paying users to keep the game alive.

Maybe second place indeed isn't really that bad, but I always played against one real other player, who defeated me by a mile in both of the races. I didn't stand a chance and they had a better car and used more options. They are simply way better than me, that costs me race points and potentially game money. Maybe that has to do with the fact that in advanced class you only race against advanced players, but in pro class you race against other pro players? There is a high likely chance that they are way better than a newbie to the class like me. I only have level 16 (just got lvl 17 though), while other racers in pro class could have the double or triple amount of me. That's simply unfair!

And your assumption of not getting bankrupt because of 27000 daily sponsor + races and bonuses isn't correct. I calculated this:
    Income vs expense:
    Income per day:
    27000 sponsor bonus
    I usually play about 4 races a day, usually getting 2nd/3rd right now
    7500 x 4 = 30000
    I usually watch about 10 videos a day for bonuses:
    25% 500 = 1250
    12.5% 1000 = 1250 -> 2500
    One regular set of tyres per tyre class
    4.5% 3 research points = 0.6 research points
    7.5% 15 stars = +- 11 stars
    1 premium set of tyres
    Other bonuses:
    As I'm just a newbie I reach my targets for the races, so 6000 x 4 = 24000
    Raceseries = 8000
    Total income:
    27000 + 30000 + 2500 = +- 92000 cash (and some random things from the clip)
    Expense per day:
    Production / factory:
    Components wear out after about 4 or 5 races, so I will go with having to buy a new set every day.
    Tier 9 Wings = 15000
    Tier 9 Body = 13000
    Tier 7 Airbox = 10000
    Tier 9 Suspension = 15000
    Tier 7 Brakes = 8400
    Tier 9 Steering wheel = 14000
    Tier 8 Engine = 10000
    Tier 9 Gear Box = 14000
    Tier 7 KERS = 10000
    Total expenses on components: +- 110000 cash
    I have to train my staff to improve:
    I have a pitcrew, operation manager, mechanic and fitness trainer: 400 cash a day (because I only do +1 experience usually once a day)
    I have two drivers. I train them 4 times a day on average, so 800 cash a day
    Tires: I don't need to buy these very often so I'm not gonna take these into account

Putting that all together, I lose about 20000 cash a day. So I AM going bankrupt!

And indeed, I might not get any of those items in +- 50 tries. But the chance for that (and I calculated this, we're currently doing calculating odds during maths so I should know how to do this!) is just 0.39%! So that's why I was kinda surprised.

And this is the first time I've got to know a tech tree in a game, so I guess you're right about that.
    And oh no, I'd never pay to any game! I've got better things to spend it on.
    Let me hear what you think about what I've just said.

Bokito

Also: it's pretty easy to beat the robot opponents in races. But I've played a few races in pro class right now (I think it was 3) and in all of those races, the real opponent used 2 more actions (I used 7 and they used 9) and they won with about 10 seconds every time. You gotta admit that IS unfair, though. I used the best tiers per component for my car, yet I didn't stand a chance. At all.

Just had something else remarkable. The first remarkable thing is that I got first! YAY! But guess what: only robot opponents... so that doesn't count. I was glad I didn't got to get beaten by another real player. Also, the layout screen of the circuit during the race lagged so much. Some times it even skipped an entire lap! It lagged for about 20 seconds and then I was in the next lap. Fix those laggs please. If I would have been playing against real opponents, this would have definitely cost me some points.

But back to about what I made this thread: just did another race, and even though I got to use 3 more actions, I didn't stand a chance to my two real life opponents. They both used 2 actions more and they both had a lead over me of almost 20 seconds! I am highly offended by this! I can't play the game like this if I have to lose by such a distance every time! You're ought to fix this mistake!!!

One more thing: at least I did get some premium tires lately, so maybe those percentages are right. But it was very unlikely what happened, so that's why.
    But during the last race... I am so upset because of this. I raced against two other real opponents. I got to use 10 actions, but my opponents used 17 and 13 actions! RUFKM??? I can never win if they're THAT much better! I lost with almost 40 seconds to the winner, and about 30 seconds to the number 2, while me myself got third. This is ridiculous! I looked at their stats, and one of them had level 80 and the other had level 69, but I had just level 20! Furthermore, they were both on the hall of fame (1172th and 3449th) while at my stats screen it doesn't even show up, and their drivers and cars are way better than mine! THIS IS UNFAIR! I demand you to change this stupid mistake! This can cost me thousands of credits in the game! I could have won 25000 credits if I didn't have to play against opponents that are so much better than me! Now I'm probably going to win about a 10000 less. Also, I missed out on a lot of other credits as well. Can you please fix this? I have lost thousands of credits because of this! FIX IT!!!

Developer
    Sorry, but I just don't get your point... It seems to me you want to race only against weaker opponents to win every race! It's right, you're research progress is far behind some opponents you have in the races BUT you even though your final position in each race is 2 on average. FYI: all your opponents can produce the same compnents as you, even though their level is much higher. The components are limited by race class not level.

If you want to be faster, just use some premium tires. Why aren't you spending some of your Stars for them? It's fine if you don't want to pay for this game but you could at least use your 'free' stars...

BTW: what are you talking about having lost too much credits? Since the last time I chekced your account, your credits level hasn't decreased. In fact, it's prettty stable and your component stack is now filled with some pro components!

The way you done all those calculation look pretty good to me you should be running a proper F1 team cheers mate